Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hoovering Hell

Sometimes it is the really mundane and basic tasks that others take for granted that are a real challenge for those with chronic pain. Take hoovering, for example. In my case, firstly there is the battle of getting the darned thing out of the cupboard (I only have one 'storage' cupboard in my flat). I really have to psyche myself up to do this before I even start the physical act of hoovering. Then there is the possibility of emptying the actual hoover bag or cylinder tube in my hoover. Next comes the fun of unravelling what seems metres of grey flex before plugging in the hoover. By this time I am wiped out, however to stop at this point would be fatal. One must heroically battle on. Once I get going, I am in my element, despite the awful racket this tortuous machine generates. Once I have got round my flat (thank God I don't have to do stairs or go upstairs) the whole charade happens in reverse. Winding the grey and endless flex around this horrific gadget before chucking the thing back in the cupboard and I collapse, hoovered out  - until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment